Thursday 7 September 2017

Reminder: Time Out Challenge # 91

Hi everybody!! Hope your week has been moving along nicely with not many hiccups along the way. I'm just wanting to remind you all about the current challenge at TIME OUT!






For this challenge we are wanting you to 'CASE' this card by the incredible Bev of Uniko. To 'CASE' a card means to create your own version, to be inspired by the design but put your own spin on it. And because Bev is the owner of Uniko, they are also our Sponsors for this challenge!!


As soon as I saw Bev's card I was instantly drawn to the rainbow colouring (funny that!!) and knew I wanted to incorporate it into my card somewhere:


A lot of die-cutting went on for this card but it was so worth all the fiddling, and I really hope Bev likes it!!

For the rainbow colours I chose some paint chips in pastel colours and used a die to cut out the strips. I adhered them all to a scrap piece of white CS and then put on some foam tape on the front of the card.

As the surface of the paint chips is very smooth I couldn't stamp on top. So instead of a flower I die-cut this image from black CS and glued into place. I wanted to keep the sentiment simple, so I stamped it with black Versafine ink on a strip of white CS, heat embossed with clear powder and popped on some foam tape. And I added some clear and coloured sequins for a bit of shine.

The die I used to cut the strips is from MFT Stamps 'Blueprints 27'. It cuts a fishtail on both ends so I cut them off. The lace image die is from Waffle Flower 'Lacy Flowers' and the sentiment is also Waffle Flower from 'Enveloper Hello'. The sequins are from Neat and Tangled.

I'm going to link this card to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge
where their theme is 'Stamp It'.



And will also link to the Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge where their theme is also 'Stamp It'.



You have until Wednesday 13th September to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge and if your needing any help with regards to CASEing, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our fabulous Guest Designer Lucie have created for you. Looking forward to seeing you in the Gallery!

Take care
Shona
 

8 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic take on Bev's card! I have been racking my brain about that one but haven't come up with an idea yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous backgrounds you have created !
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appears that you're continuing to be a star of the craft world. Clever way to use your paint chips for the rainbow look on this card. And the die cut just looks like it belongs there. Awesome design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely selection of colours in your pastel rainbow background, Sho ... the black doily is so dramatic (and delicate!) against it! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an elegant and happy-feeling card! I love the way you incorporated the strips of color and how the gorgeous pattern in black stands out so perfectly against it. This has a great sense of movement and energy and it couldn't help but make me smile. Thank you so much for sharing such a lovely project with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning Shona. I love the gorgeous paint chips and intricate die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very clever Shona! I love the way you put the background together, and using the die cut was a fabulous idea. Looks fantastic - great CASE of Bev's card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to be visiting so late... Very intense work weeks behind me! You've really rocked using dies here. That black delicate flower is so so pretty and the background you created with you paint chip rectangles is stunning and a great way to CASE Bev. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete