Wednesday 20 September 2017

My Favourite Things - 2017 Card Design Superstar

Wouldn't it be so cool to be a My Favourite Things - 2017 Card Design Superstar??!! I don't like my chances but you've gotta be in to win right??!



I can still remember sitting in bed last year at night, colouring a million wooden fence images for one of my entries. I had cramp in my hand but it was so worth it, I love that card!!

As you can imagine I'm going in for the 'Clean and Simple' category. I was going to create an entry for the 'Colouring' category but after seeing the projects linked already, I decided to give it a miss. There are some incredible colourists out there in the crafting world and I can't wait to see who they choose as the winners!!

For my design I wanted to keep it colourful, simple but with lots of dimension. I even managed to make it without smudging Distress Ink on the card front, so I'm very pleased with the finished product:


I created a similar card to this a few months ago when I received these 'Color Drops' dies using five large petals. Ever since then I've had a multi-petaled image in my mind, so I'm so glad its out of my head and on to a card front!!

I spent a bit of time die-cutting the four different drop shapes (6 of each) from Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS. I then used my mini-blending tool and Distress Inks 'Picked Raspberry', 'Worn Lipstick', 'Spiced Marmalade' and 'Mustard Seed' on each drop piece. So the 'flower' would fit, I created a card base that was slightly wider than normal.

Firstly I adhered the pink petals to the card front. I then added the 'Worn Lipstick' ones, placing then over the spots where the larger petals meet. I did the same with the orange petals and then the yellow.

I wanted the sentiment to be just as graphic and simple, so I die-cut the 'hugs' twice from white CS and glued them together. I then glued each letter to a strip of black CS and trimmed around the word. This was then put on some foam tape. For a bit of sparkle I added lots of Wink of Stella to the letters and glued on some sequins from Neat and Tangled.  And for a bit of dimension I bent all the petals upward, except for the pink ones. I hope they like this as much as I do!!

I have two other challenges I would like to enter:

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Clean and Simple)



Stamplorations Summer CAS Challenge 



Time to go get my jammies on, grab my pencils and colour in some new stamp images that arrived today. It didn't rain today (first time in four days....) but couldn't garden for anyone as the ground is like mud. Now its supposed to start raining tonight for another two days. Seems like I will be having a week off which is kind of nice but means I'm a week behind and those weeds wait for no one.......eeek!!

Take care
Shona


 

 

2 comments:

  1. Pulled all my weeds last week. This week they are back and about a foot wide so you have my sympathy. Card is lovely and nice to have the time to color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No weeds are the garden's devils...ugh! Think you should try for the coloring challenge, too. Your skills are up to snuff and I thing you're ready. This CAS jewel is a feast for the eyes. The dimensions, colors and design are pure perfections. I smell a winner.

    ReplyDelete