Saturday 26 August 2017

Seize the Birthday Challenge

It is the most stunning day today, so warm and sunny with a slight breeze. Perfect for gardening and getting all the washing dry!! I thought I would take a quick break and show you all my entry for the current Seize the Birthday  challenge.





August has been a very busy month for birthdays and I've used a lot of my 'Birthday Card' stash, so this 'Anything Goes' challenge is perfect to get me creating again!

This card was inspired by a rainbow of fireworks I saw on tv the other night. I wondered if I could try to capture their shape and colour, so gave it a go:


I love a pastel coloured rainbow, especially with gold, it really seems to make the colours even brighter!!

I started off by getting my Waffle Flower ink pads together and a panel of white CS. Using the two different sized shapes from Whimsy Stamps 'Happy Everything' I stamped all over the panel in a random pattern and alternating the colours. I used my MISTI so I could stamp each image twice to get good coverage.

Once I was happy I used a waffle-edged die from Winnie and Walter 'Essentials: Audrey's Cutaways' to cut the panel and adhered to the front of a card base. For the sentiment I used a Whimsy Stamp 'Happy' die on some gold foil CS and also cut two extra from white CS. These were all glued together and then to the card. The rest of the sentiment (from the same Whimsy Stamp set) was gold heat embossed on white CS, fussy cut out and glued in place.

Instead of using sequins I decided to add dots of Nuvo Crystal Drops in 'White' to all the images not covered by the sentiments. This gives the card some dimension, interest and the dots become the same colour as the ink they are put on!!

I have three other challenges I would like to enter:

Stamplorations Summer CAS Challenge 



Stamplorations Summer Sketch and Theme Challenge 



Whimsy Stamps Challenge # 98  (Anything Goes)



Okay, back out into the sun for me. I've been going around my garden looking where all my peonies are planted, looking for signs of life. So far I have about 7 that have popped up, which is so exciting. Hopefully I will get more than one flower this year!!!!

Take care
Shona

4 comments:

  1. Jaw dropping awesomeness. This is brilliant, my girl. Winner, winner chicken dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pastel rainbow, Shona! It looks much yummier with that white dots :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your style Shona! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A bright, colourful, perfect Birthday card. Thank you for sharing it in our challenge at Whimsy Stamps

    ReplyDelete