Tuesday 7 March 2017

Winnie and Walter - 3rd Birthday Bash - Sequin Challenge with Kate

Its a very dreary morning, supposed to rain today so if it does, maybe I can make a few more cards......fingers crossed!! I'm popping in with my 4th entry for the Winnie and Walter - 3rd Birthday Bash. This time its the Sequins Challenge with Kate. 




My first thought was to make a shaker card because you know I love a good shaker!! But I really wanted to try and create a background with sequins instead, which of course is even more fiddly:





I'm sure there is a much easier way to create the sequin background but of course I had to make it as hard and fiddly as possible!!

To start off I wanted to create a background with the box image from W&W 'Welcome to the Family with Evelin T Designs' by just stamping it by hand across a panel of white CS. As the image doesn't have straight edges it didn't stamp perfectly in a line but I didn't mind. I then die-cut the W&W 'Baby' from it. 

Now the fiddly part. I used a pencil to outline the baby die-cut on the card front and arranged the sequins over it, constantly checking I had the right coverage by putting the die-cut over it. Once I was happy I made more pencil lines around the sequins and also took a photo with my mobile phone. I took the sequins off, rubbed off the 'baby' pencil marks and put on strips of double-sided tape. Using the photo as a guide, I stuck the sequins on. 

The panel was put over the card with lots of foam tape. The 'hello' (from The Big, the Bold and Happy') was put on foam tape as well and I also adhered a pencil coloured elephant from the W&W 'Welcome to the Family with Evelin T Designs' stamp set. So happy with how it turned out!!

I'm also going to link this to the Winnie and Walter - 3rd Birthday Bash - Pattern Making Challenge with Mayuri.

And will also link to the Winnie and Walter - 3rd Birthday Bash - Cute Critter Challenge with Gayatri.

For a non-W&W challenge I'm going to link to the Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge where their theme is 'Make your own Background'.


I've got one card left to photograph and link. And Max is home sick again today (and its now raining) so might get a chance to whip up a few more ideas floating around in my head. As well as do some bottle and marker flipping!!

Take care
Shona
 

3 comments:

  1. Just so sweet it makes my teeth ache.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my....this is one sweet baby card!!!! Love all those fabulous sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card, love the black and white background and the sequins are amazing. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete