Monday 6 March 2017

Winnie and Walter - 3rd Birthday Bash - Mood Board Challenge with Heather P

I'm back!! Thought I would link one more before I pop into bed and catch up on what you've all been doing on Instagram and YouTube!!

This time I'm entering the Winnie and Walter - 3rd Birthday Bash - Mood Board Challenge with Heather P. Heather always puts together the most amazing colour combo's and mood boards together, so I always look forward to her challenges!!





 As you can see, this mood board has so many amazing photos and colours to choose from. The first thing that caught my eye was the black and white butterfly and the black/white strip along the bottom. I decided to create a floral panel but with black and white only:


I had no plan when I started creating this panel, other than the fact I wanted it to radiate out from the middle and contain some solid black images. I also wanted the images to be as close together as possible. 

All of these images are from W&W 'In Bloom: Lola's Bouquet with Joni Andaya'. I started with the large flower in the middle and then added three images at a time around it, turning the panel as I went. Once the panel was full of larger images, I filled in any holes with tiny images and added the detail stamps to the flowers. Once I was happy I die-cut the panel using the large die from W&W 'Essentials: Audrey Cutaways'. 

I decided to add in one other colour (apart from black and white) and thought pink would go with this beautifully. I added a panel of deep pink CS to the card front and put the floral panel on foam tape. The sentiment (from W&W 'The Big, the Bold and Happy') was stamped twice with Hero Arts Shadow Ink 'Bubblegum' and fussy cut out. The 'hugs' was put on foam tape, while the rest of the sentiment was glued to the panel, along with pink and clear sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I'm also going to link this to the Winnie and Walter - 3rd Birthday Bash - Pattern Making Challenge with Mayuri.

Will also link to the Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge where their theme is 'Make Your own Background'.

 

Right, off to bed I go!! Will link another card in the morning before work and then one after work, with a few hours spare.....

Take care
Shona

3 comments:

  1. Now you've done it...jaw dropping background. So perfectly stamped. And who doesn't love pink, black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you've done it...jaw dropping background. So perfectly stamped. And who doesn't love pink, black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card in the black and white with pops of pink! Love how you stamped it to radiate out, looks fabulous!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete