Wednesday 22 February 2017

Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge # 230

It's 'Hump Day' for everyone on my side of the world, can't believe its the middle of the week already!! It also means that its time for a new challenge theme at Addicted to Stamps and More!!







Its time for our 'photo inspiration' challenge and this one is such a cutey. You could be inspired by the colour theme, the patterns, the type of room....its totally up to you!!

For some strange reason I suck at making baby cards. I love babies, could cuddle them all day but when it comes to creating a card for a new baby my mind just goes blank. So when I saw this photo I knew I could immediately create a blue/white card but then decided to push myself, just incase there are any babies on their way.....:


I found this cloud patterned paper (from Amy Tangerine 'Stitched') and thought it would work well as there are clouds in the photo. It wasn't until I was putting it together that I realised the green/blue colour wasn't very bright, so my design is a little muted. However, it would be perfect for someone who isn't into the 'blues for boys, pink for girls' rule.

I cut a piece of grey CS slightly smaller than the card front and adhered it in place. The frame was die-cut from white CS and foam tape added to the back of it. Once I worked out where the frame would sit, I cut the patterned paper and glued to the card and popped the frame over top. The bear was stamped on white CS, fussy cut and put on foam tape too. I wanted a simple sentiment, so stamped this one on a white CS banner and put foam tape behind it to hold it up. And of course I had to add some blue and clear sequins for a bit of bling!!

The frame die is from Paper Smooches. The bear image is from My Favourite Things 'Birthday Bears'. The sentiment is from Reverse Confetti 'Fancy Word Co-ordinates' and the sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

You have until Wednesday 1st March to link your project to the Addicted to Stamps and More  challenge and if you need any help at all with ideas for this challenge, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created for you. Can't wait to see what you come up with in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona


3 comments:

  1. Adorable card....that bear is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...this is such a sweet baby card. Love everything about it...the frame, the patterned paper and that wistful little bear. Sooo adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, these clouds are so sweet. Great accent with the sequines, jus awesome.

    ReplyDelete