Monday 12 September 2016

Waffle Flower Challenge - September

Hi everyone and welcome to my inspiration post for this months Waffle Flower Challenge.



This is the challenge photo, I just love all those pastel colours, especially mixed in with a little gold. I must try and make something like this for Christmas for our tree and room decorations, better start soon as I can imagine all those circles could take a while to cut out......

As you can tell it was the circle banner that caught my eye and I tried to replicate one on my card. Unfortunately it was a complete and utter disaster. However it gave me another idea but this time with some balloons:




To start off I stamped the solid balloon from 'Balloon Messages' using Waffle Flower Inks - 'You Said What?', 'Safe Choice' and 'Coffee Loves Milk'. To create the aqua colour I stamped the balloon twice first using 'Daydreaming' and then 'New Fish in Pond' straight on top. This is the first time I've ever thought to mix two inks together, must remember it for when I don't have that colour again!!

I then spent quite a long time fussy cutting all the balloons out and cutting off the part where the balloon is tied. After working out how I wanted them on my card front, I popped them all up on foam tape. To add a touch of gold I die-cut the 'Celebrate' from gold CS and also twice more from white CS. These were all glued together and then to the card front. I also heat embossed the rest of the sentiment in gold (from the 'Congrats' stamp set) and adhered it along with some gold sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.





I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Work It Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Stamp It'.



Will also link to the Taylored Expressions - Share the Joy Challenge # 52 where their theme is:



 
I'm sad to say that this will be my last post for the Waffle Flower Challenge. My Challenge DT term has come to an end (can't believe a year has gone by so quickly!!) so its time to say goodbye. I want to thank Nina and Tessa for taking a chance on me, supporting me and being so lovely to work with. I hope I did you proud! I also want to thank the rest of my Design Team teammates who are such wonderful, creative women. I'll still be rocking my Waffle Flower products and hope to get my hands on some of those gorgeous new release stamps/dies soon!!

Take care
Shona



4 comments:

  1. You nailed this. So sad this is your last DT assignment. They are going to miss your cleverness & unerring color sense badly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply stunning....so in love with your gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete