Tuesday 27 September 2016

Altenew Inspiration Challenge - September - Entry No. 2

It stopped raining today so the kids and I were able to get out of the house and go to the park. So nice for them to get some fresh air and exercise. Max also had Futsal (Indoor Soccer) at 5pm for 90 mins so everyone should sleep well tonight!!



Last night I was trying to finish off my second card for the Altenew Inspiration Challenge and had the stamps for my third idea sitting beside me. My eyes kept being drawn to the stamps and I suddenly had a different idea for them that had to be done straight away.

I wanted to try and use some of my older Altenew stamps and a technique that I don't do very often. Its a bit 'different' but I love how it turned out:



Told you it was different!!! I've seen a few different blog posts lately talking about 'spotlight colouring' and even though I love the technique, I never think to do it. I wanted to try and do it a slightly differently though....

I started off by cutting three strips of white CS that hung off each side of the card front. I used washi tape to hold the card base down and then the ends of each strip once it was in place. This was the hard part, I had to stamp the giraffe down really hard so it would stamp on the card base AND on the strip. Luckily there was only once that it didn't quite work and I was able to touch it up with a black pen.

All I had to do then was colour the strips, stamp on the sentiment and pop then up on foam tape. And I also added some co-ordinating sequins. The stamp set is from Altenew 'Geometric Menagerie' and the sequins from Neat and Tangled.

Hopefully I can get back to my second idea before the end of the week. Phoebe has her friend Ella staying tonight and Max has his friend Thomas coming over tomorrow so might get a little bit of time to myself. I'm taking them all to the SPCA to give the cats and kittens some cuddles which will be a wonderful way to spend the afternoon.

Take care
Shona
 

7 comments:

  1. Beyond awesome... i LOVE 'different' !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shona, this ROCKS!!! Cool, graphic, funky fun! I am definitely going to give this a try! Hope you all have fun cuddling kitties! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unbelievable. You absolutely nailed this to the ground. It's fantastic...if you don't win this challenge I'm going to want to know why!!! By the way, thank you & the kids for what you do at the SPCA. It's so important. Tell Max & Phoebe that someone in California thinks they & their Mom are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unbelievable. You absolutely nailed this to the ground. It's fantastic...if you don't win this challenge I'm going to want to know why!!! By the way, thank you & the kids for what you do at the SPCA. It's so important. Tell Max & Phoebe that someone in California thinks they & their Mom are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and unique graphic design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How creative and cool is that? Absolutely love your twist on this technique!

    ReplyDelete