Friday 27 November 2015

Just Add Ink Challenge # 290

Friday is here again! And there aren't many Friday's left before Christmas....where has this year gone!  It does mean though that its time for a new challenge at Just Add Ink.  We have the most gorgeous colour combo for you this week:



Lots of bright, Spring time colours to play around with. The Gallery is going to look beautiful this week!!

I was looking through my patterned papers for inspiration and came across the perfect piece. And I had some new shaker sequin combo's I hadn't used, so a shaker card was born:



I was a wee bit naughty and added some gold (don't tell anyone) but it went so perfectly with the sequins I couldn't resist!!

I started off by die-cutting the shaker frame twice from white CS. I glued them together with the piece of acetate between them, for extra strength. As some of the beads were quite thick, I added two rows of foam tape to the back of the frame. After cutting the patterned paper to fit, I poured the sequins on the back of the acetate and pressed the paper over top, sealing the shaker. I adhered a piece of gold patterned vellum to the card front and adhered the shaker over top. Pretty colours with an uplifting message....brilliant!

The frame die is from Pretty Pink Posh. The acetate is from Project Life-Becky Higgins. The shaker sequin mix is from Papervine. The patterned paper is from American Crafts 'Serendipity' and the gold vellum from My Minds Eye.

I have two challenges I would like to enter:

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Anything Goes)

AAA Card Challenge # 53 


You have until next Wednesday to link your projects to the Just Add Ink challenge. And the rest of the Design Team have some stunning cards on the blog to inspire you. I hope you have time to join us and I can't wait to see what you created this week!!

Take care
Shona
 

16 comments:

  1. you rock. that first card is so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fabulous - I love the gold (totally worth "breaking the rules")! Thanks so much for playing along at AAA Cards! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shaker card is simply stunning, Shona!!! I really like the gold you added!!! So beautiful!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Shona and I love the use of the gold, it really adds an elegance to the shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is always something special about a shaker card Shona. Love how you've carried the colours across the DSP and sequins (and a little gold never hurts either ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally gorgeous. Love the touches of gold on your shaker...looks so awesome. Good going, girl. I smell a winner, winner, chicken dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous, Shona. I love shakers and this one is beautiful. Thanks for playing along AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shona. Thanks for your catchup comment yesterday. I too have been out of action and until this weekend had made nothing for two weeks - thank goodness for scheduled posts! Like Nelson, it's been hot here in the Bay too with a run of 30+ days already. Only 7 days of school until it's school holidays for me so, like you, I'm looking forward to knowing what side is up. This is another great card by you. I always admire your shaker cards yet have never felt the desire to make one! Hope your weekend has gone well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great call on the rule-breaking gold, Shona ... it's fabulous with those shimmery sequins in this fabulous shaker! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, unique and inspirational donna and great to were your thoughts this weekend too. And great to see you playing at AAA cards. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like your addition of gold to this colour combo and you just can't go wrong with a shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, what a stunning combination of patterned paper! The gold is PERFECT! Such a fabulous shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely wonderful way to use the JAI colors. Fantastic shaker card. The gold is the PERFECT touch. Thanks for linking up and playing along with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is absolutely amazing Shona...what a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete