Thursday 29 October 2015

Uniko Challenge # 26

I'm about to wander off to bed. Its been a very busy day. Walked into town with Max's class this morning (along with two other classes) to see an exhibit at the Art Gallery. Takes an hour to walk each way and trying to keep 100 children from wandering off was quite difficult. Everyone was really good though and it was a lot of fun. After that I went straight to a gardening job for a few hours and then home to do all my 'housewife' stuff. So I'm a little tired but....

I really wanted to post this card that I made for the Uniko Challenge. The theme is 'Geometric with optional twist of circles, squares or triangles'. And I decided to make a Xmas card with a twist as well:


Instead of doing geometric shapes for the challenge, I decided to use my geometric animal stamps. I stamped and heat embossed the bear and giraffe on white CS in silver and fussy cut them out. I also stamped some reindeer antlers on some white CS and coloured with brown pencil. I used a matching die to cut them out and glued them behind the animal heads.

To create the background I stamped and heat embossed different sized snowflakes in white and then water coloured using Distress Ink 'Peacock Feathers'. After that had dried I put the animals on some foam tape, stamped the sentiment in black and added some sequins for shine. I really like how it turned out!!

The animals are from Altenew 'Geometric Menagerie'. The antler stamps and matching dies are from Waffle Flower 'Stocking'. The snowflakes are from Uniko Studio 'Background Builders: Vines Winter Additions' and 'Big and Bold - Snow'. The sentiment is also from Uniko Studio 'Rustic Christmas'. The sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh.

I'm going to also link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

Off to bed I go. I think Max has snuck in there while I've been typing. He likes to sleep in ours for a bit and then go back to his because it will be all cold. I have my electric blanket on and bet he's all snuggled up on that!!

Take care
Shona
 

 

12 comments:

  1. Hi Shona! I love the background against this cool image! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Herding 100 little ones...that sounds exhausting, not to mention your follow-up gardening! Your energy is amazing! Your card: yet again, evidence of your ingenuity! The 'reindeer' horns...tee hee! Spectacular! Hope you had a nice little snuggle with your toasty warm Max!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card. It's got a bit of a sense of humour and I really like the work you've done on the background. I hope the exhibition was worth the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lost my comment
    blogger was stopped it arrgghh
    I was said
    the water color and this lovely Image is fitting great together Shona
    stunning design my friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me is the same
      I adore the Peacock Feathers color too
      soft and really elegant on your card sweety

      Delete
  5. Another gorgeous card, Shona!!!! Love what you've done here!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant take on the geometric theme! These animals are fab. Wonderful Christmas card. Thanks so much for playing along with our Geometric challenge at Uniko this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must have been exhausted or, as I suspect, you have massive amounts of energy stored in that little body. Glad you stayed awake to make this really adorable card. Talk about thinking out of the box. It's really amazing what comes out of your brain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must have been exhausted or, as I suspect, you have massive amounts of energy stored in that little body. Glad you stayed awake to make this really adorable card. Talk about thinking out of the box. It's really amazing what comes out of your brain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun, Shona ... love how your geometric animals are all kitted out for Christmas in their fab reindeer horns ... brilliant! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! A CAS beauty & very creative take on the geometric & Christmas themes. Thanks so much for joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colour wash on the background is awesome. Makes the focal elements pop. Lovely card. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge :)
    Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete