Friday 17 April 2015

Retro Sketches Challenge # 160

I had so much fun last night playing with patterned paper. Crazy I know as it nearly never turns up on my cards.  But I have the most brilliant paper pad that I've been itching to try but kept psyching myself out. So....


I saw this sketch for the Retro Sketches  challenge and thought 'this is it Shona, get brave and layer those papers!!!'. So I took a big deep breath and dove on in.....


I don't think I've ever seen so many bits and pieces on one of my cards ever!! And you know what, I kinda love it!

I found a large journal card with all these cut outs and thought it would be a great background piece, so cut it to fit. A strip of paper on the right and a square of paper in the middle, both stuck directly to the card. I die-cut the waffle square from vellum and heat embossed the sentiment in black. Have never used black before and was shocked it worked so well. This was adhered carefully, a scattering of sequins and a little house I had forgotten about. This was scary but so fun!

The die-cut journal card is from We R Memory Keepers. The patterned papers are from American Crafts 'Serendipity'. The waffle-square die is from QuicKutz. The sentiment is from Reverse Confetti 'Shine from Within' and veneer house from Freckled Fawn. The small pink sequins are Pretty Pink Posh and the lightpink and green from Neat and Tangled.

I'm going to link this to the Little Tangles Challenge # 55 where their theme is:


Will also link to the Virginia's View Challenge # 14 where their theme is:


So many cards to post but movies to watch with the kids. Only a few more days and the kids are back at school so need to make the most of our late night movie sessions. Will be a late blogging night so thank goodness it's Saturday tomorrow.....sleep-in here I come....

Take care
Shona
 

 
 

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous design Shona! Great use of elements, love that veneer. Thank you for sharing at RetroSketches, goodo to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Shona ... you've kept a really great clean feel with the soft colours and all the white ... fab detailing! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us over at Little Tangles Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete