Saturday 25 October 2014

Cure for the Monday Blues Challenge # 32

Boy oh boy what a busy day!! I spent most of my day helping someone else with their garden, managed an hour in my own and even played some tennis with Max. I'm pooped but was such a warm sunny day, I didn't want to stay inside at all!

I was so glad that Taheerah had to extend the challenge deadline for the Cure for the Monday Blues last week, as I loved the photo but wasn't able to get a card organised.

Of course I love all the white in the photo but also the gold and silver layered jewellery really caught my eye. So.....






It was actually quite hard to photograph this card because the sunlight kept making the silver cardstock look like it was white, so I hope you can see the difference.

I cut strips of silver cardstock and one of gold and die cut along each edge. I layered them on top of each other and glued inbetween. I then stuck them on to the card front with double sided tape. I stamped the sentiment on to a thinner piece of white cardstock and cut fishtails at both ends. This was popped up on foam tape. A couple of pale pink enamel dots and voila!

The metal stitched scallop die is from Pretty Pink Posh. The sentiment is from Altenew 'Sohcahtoa' and the enamel dots from Papervine.

I'm also going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

One more card to post and then I'm going to bed with my laptop to watch the last two episodes of Scandal and Revenge. Just hope I can keep my eyes open so I don't miss any good bits!!!!

Take care
Shona

 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this turned out wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful use of white space and I just love the stacked metallic die cuts! Accented so perfectly with those pink enamel dots too! Overall such a clever design! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so elegant. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, what not to love...all that gold and silver!!

    ReplyDelete