Thursday 11 September 2014

Time Out Challenge #14 - Home Sweet Home

My very first blog post as a Team Member for Time Out Challenges, its so very exciting and scary at the same time!!! 

Also being very excited will be our Guest Designer for this challenge, Christine from Poppaeacards. Lovely to have her with us, as her cards are quite incredible. Please pop on over to her blog to leave her some love. 

The theme for this challenge is 'Home Sweet Home' and we have this beautiful photo as inspiration:



I'm loving all that rich coloured wood and the words on each of these tags, so decided to make them the focal point of my card:


I found this paper by Echo Park and used a metal die to cut the tag. I went thru my cardstock 'scrap' bag and pulled out small strips of white card. I then wandered thru all of my stamps, finding ones that would relate to someone returning home. After stamping them all I punched holes in one end (as well as the tag) and threaded thru some silver thread.

I stamped my sentiment and glued this directly to the tag, which was then popped up on some foam tape. I adhered this to a piece of white card slightly smaller than the card front. This too was raised on foam tape to give some height. Three small silver sequins added with Glossy Accents and I was done. 

It actually turned out better than it looked in my head, which is always a bonus I think!!

The wood paper is from Echo Park 'Everyday Eclectic'. I used the metal tag die from Pretty Pink Posh. The tag stamps are from Altenew and Lawn Fawn and the sentiment from Hero Arts.

As I've used some patterned paper, I'm also going to link this card to the challenge at Virginia's View #7 where their theme is:



I really hope you have time to play along with us and that I've inspired you somehow with my card. I can't wait to see what you all come up with and it will be lovely to visit you at your own blog.

Take care
Shona

 



















12 comments:

  1. so pleased you are now officially on the DT and what a fabulous card! I love the natural feel and the wood paper is ideal-what a find. Love those sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the woodgrain paper...it's fabulous! Your interpretation of the inspiration is fabulous. So happy to be on the team with you at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You rocked it! LOVE your card...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love the design of this and that paper is perfect! Thanks for your sweet words, Cx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic take on the inspiration, Shona ... the DP is brilliant, just like gorgeous parquet ... and you just know I'm going to love all that glorious, crisp white! So delighted to have joined the Time Out DT with you! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card, Shona! The patterned paper is perfect as are all the little sentiment tags - so clever :) Great to be on the DT with you as I love seeing what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats again and fabulous card! I love your take on this challenge and am going to try to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks lovely with that fab 'woody' paper backing those cool white tags - great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great card Shona and we are thrilled to have you in the DT! I love the woodgrain tag and the small sentiments -very inspired, fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, good heavens, your debut card is astonishing, Shona!! Really, this is my new favorite card of yours!! Love, love, love it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Shona, I really like that DP, and it adds so much interst when used with white, the tag and the sentiments are perfect! Thank you for leaving such wonderful comments on my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your cute little tags on your card - it looks fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete