Thursday 19 June 2014

Less is More Challenge - Week 176

Birds stamps as flowers.....what??! Strange but true. The challenge this week at Less is More is to make a one-layer card with the theme 'Over the Edge'. I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to try my crazy 'bird flowers'.

 Who knew that birds were so 'floral'?? I was playing around with my Xmas stamps and came across the 'Peace Joy Love' set by Lawn Fawn. In this set there are two separate bird stamps that face each other. I thought that just one on their own looked a petal. So I stamped away and voila!

So not only are these birds stamps but they are also Xmas bird stamps. Was so good to find another way of using these and it makes me look at my other stamps in a different way. I'm going to take the next Online Card Class 'Stretching your Stamps 2' which will be even more of an eye-opener for my little stamp collection.

The sentiment stamp is from Altenew 'Sohcahtoa' and enamel dots from Sullivans.

One more card to go. Was having too much fun last night stamping and watching 'Scandal' that I made two cards. Although (anyone who watches the show will understand this..) I kept finding myself with my stamp all inked up but my hand just hovering in the air because something has happened on the show. Its amazing I got anything finished, the show is that good!

Take care
Shona

6 comments:

  1. Wow...another beauty my friend and this stamp set has your name written all over it. You really make it rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea with the stamping, gorgeous colours and superb Off the edge positioning
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so clever to use your stamps on a different way!
    Super job!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so clever ....... love those little birdies, and they make beautiful blooms too.
    Linda xx
    LIM Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, I've been waiting to see a flowers-from-a-bird-stamp card, Shona ... this is so lovely ... crisp and colourful and with so much wonderful white space! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever idea and such a stylish card Shona!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete