Thursday 19 June 2014

Less is More Challenge - Week 176 - Card No. 2

I have sitting in front of me right now 5 containers of embossing powder that are begging to be used. I can't wait for my heat gun to arrive in the mail (along with Versamark ink pad) so I can emboss my heart out!!

This is my second card for the challenge at Less is More and this time I finally had a chance to play with my new Altenew stamp set 'Sohcahtoa'.
This challenge asked for a 'One-layer card' and the theme is 'Off the Edge'. This layout came to mind straight away but didn't know exactly which stamps to use or colours, so took me a while to get the pattern I liked. I actually kept imagining doing some of this heat embossed so will tuck that idea away for a few weeks. There are so many things you can do with this set and I LOVE the sentiments.

Its that time again to take the dogs for a walk. So much for it raining all week. My neck is burning from the sun coming in the window while typing this. Will give the squashy, muddy areas a chance to dry out before the next lot of rain. Its the shortest day this Sunday and thats when the really cold, frosty and rainy weather starts. Actually, just had a thought that at least it will be good card making weather....maybe winter isn't so bad after all!

Take care
Shona
 

9 comments:

  1. Shona...once again I am behind on commenting...I am so sorry. Summer school has kicked my butt, so busy but tonight I am going to get back on track starting with you! What a fabulous and fun one layer card. I have to say it really does not look like just one layer. It is so sweet and your colors are perfect. Sorry to hear you have been having rain, today it was nice and toasty here, the perfect day for a trip to the Jelly Belly Factory! Enjoy your week...sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this geometric design! It's a little modern, a little Native American, but very trendy! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic layout and design. Great Off the edge styling
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is another super card, the colours look beautiful!
    Thanks again!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fabulous design ..... pretty colours too.
    Linda xx
    LIM Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum-my, Shona ... geometric, graphic and oh so cool! Fabulous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Shona,great stamping too.I bet you will love the embossing too :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another stylish creation Shona, you're on a roll here!
    Thanks so much for joining us again this week at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I really like this design! What a neat card! Love your color choices, too!

    ReplyDelete