Saturday 10 May 2014

Paper Crafts Connection - Gallery Idol 2014

Isn't fate a wonderful thing?? Last night I finally got out my box of washi tape as I was determined to create a card using some of these gorgeous patterns. I didn't have a challenge in mind, I just wanted to use them instead of them just sitting there. I took some photos of the card this morning and was going to post on my blog tomorrow.

Well, I was just reading an blog update email from Jeanne Jachna at A Kept Life, and she mentioned a challenge she was entering. Paper Crafts Connection is running a Gallery Idol challenge. Runs along the same lines as American Idol where at this stage there are 'Open Auditions' for cards. 20 cards will eventually be chosen to go onto the next stage etc, etc until there is one winner.

I've never heard of this challenge before and when I read that the 'Open Auditions' call for cards using 'Washi Tape', I thought I need to enter!!
I went with a Teal/Gray theme so that it linked in with the sentiment. I basically just alternated the different colours straight on to my cardstock. I stamped the sentiment in Mama Elephant 'Smoke' and applied Wink of Stella to the 'Happy'. I even managed to find some enamel dots that matched the colour of the hearts in the 'cloudy sky' washi tape.

All of the washi tapes and enamel dots are from Papervine. The sentiment is from Kaisercraft 'Happy'.

I connected my card to the Flickr group (which was a challenge in itself!!) and looked through the other entrants cards. I certainly don't expect to get anywhere as the other cards are truly amazing but look forward to following the adventure of the 20 finalists.

Back to card making. Need to finish my card for the Cure for the Monday Blues Challenge #16 and also need to make a Mothers Day card. 

Really looking forward to Mothers Day tomorrow as the kids have been busy the last couple of days making cards for me and organising gifts with Dad. I bought some plants today for my Mum that I knew she really wanted and also her favourite nougat. Can't wait to see the big smile on her face!!

Take care
Shona
 

3 comments:

  1. Nice. Using washi tape for a card is a bit tough. Using all of the different patterns and keeping them coordinated isn't easy. You did a nice job of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYYY! So glad you are entering as well - if nothing else it was loads of fun to use some of that pretty washi. I love all the different patterns you used and your card makes me HAPPY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In catch up mode, Shona, so expect a few comments! The grey and teal are a fabulous colour combo ... love those enamel dots that tie in the hearts! Good luck with Gallery Idol! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete