Monday 5 May 2014

CASE Study Challenge #189

I think I'm developing an addiction to clear acetate. I keep coming up with all these cards designs that involve this wonderful product. The stationary store where I buy it from must be wondering what I do with it all!

Over at the CASE Study Challenge Blog they have a new 'Muse' for the month of May. She is Wida Miller and her inspiration card this week is gorgeous.
The colours are so pretty and I love the heart cut-out in the middle, so wanted to try and capture both of these elements in my card.
This is my most favourite card I've ever designed so far and it looks exactly how I pictured it in my head. Its also the hardest card I've ever had to photograph and must have taken at least 30 photos before deciding on a few.

I cut the front panel off the card leaving around 1cm at the top. I then cut 1cm off the bottom. I glued the acetate to the underside of the top flap and glued the small strip along the bottom. The heart is glued directly to the acetate on the front. I really didn't know if I could glue onto it, was worried it would slide off! I then stamped the sentiment to the inside of the card (as seen in the photo).
The papers I used are from Echo Park 'Dots and Stripes'. The enamel dots are from Papervine and the sentiment from Hero Arts 'Year Round Sentiments'.

I will also enter this as a 3rd entry into the Colour Me! Challenge #18 as their challenge is 'Anything Goes' this week with up to 5 colours of my choice (they will be getting sick of my entries over there!). I'm also going to enter this into the Artful Crafts Challenge where they have an 'Anything Goes' theme this month too.

Kids are back at school today and its raining. I've got three hours until I need to collect them so think this is a perfect time to do some more card creating. Now where did I put that acetate.......

Take care
Shona


 

2 comments:

  1. Very cool design! Love how you used the window sheet :) Thanks so much for sharing with us at Colour Me...! this week, we sure hope we will see you again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool card, Shona ... love how that acetate makes it look as though the delicious heart is floating! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete