Sunday 6 April 2014

Cure for the Monday Blues Challenge #11

Keep promising my husband that I will take all my craft stuff off the dining room table so we can eat at it but everytime I go to do it, I end up finding another card challenge I want to create for....will move it tomorrow...promise....

This is one of my favourite challenges because I love the photos that are used for inspiration.
There are so many gorgeous colours in the photo but of course the blue and teal colours grabbed hold of me first. I decided this week to try something different and try to include other colours from the photo. 

One of the other things that caught my eye was on the left-hand side (above the lamp) is a pink heart on canvas. I knew I had a stamp somewhere similar to that, so my idea became a reality.
I love this part, where I put my photo in below the inspiration photo and I can actually see where my card fits in. There are a lot of frames on the wall so decided to have  my papers over to the side to show like a frame around the top of each one. I stamped with my heart all over the place and then placed a frame die-cut on foam stickers with a happy sentiment. 

The frame is very similar to the bedhead and the pink and black frames on the wall. Very bright card for me and I love it!!!

The teal paper is from Echo Park 'Everyday Eclectic'. The heart stamp is from Simon Says Stamps and I used my Mama Elephant 'Ocean', 'Sunshine' and 'Lollipop' ink pads. The 'Happy' sentiment is from Kaisercraft 'You' set. 

The teal enamel dots are a new product stocked by Papervine. They are such a good price and in so many shades and colours. I just saw Lowri this morning at a local Craft Fair and she has so many new goodies. She has just started selling Studio Calico Sequins and they are just divine. If you have a chance, please have a look at her store, she does post internationally and is such a lovely woman. Nice to support someone from our little town.

Off to rescue my poor roast potatoes. Why I try to cook and blog at the same time I will never know......

Take care
Shona 

 

3 comments:

  1. Nice CAS card. Same problem for this huband. I gave up and eat in the living room. Laterly I have joined her at card making for an Easter project. Not making this an every day thing. Just Easter for now. Maybe your hubby will join you. Ahem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you incorporated the frame idea into your composition, so clever! The stamped hearts provide that perfect pop of colour and the sentiment so suits this happy card! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...what a card! Love those bright and vivid colors for your gorgeous hearts...just so sweet!

    ReplyDelete