Saturday 19 April 2014

CAS on Sunday Challenge #31

Has been rather a slow week for me. I'm still recovering from being sick and with this week being very wet and a short one, I was rather overwhelmed with life. So decided to let some of my challenges pass me by and come back to them when I feel ready.

So, last Sunday the CAS on Sunday Challenge was posted and its for a birthday card using one or more die-cuts. I looked at this last night and thought this would be the perfect time to try out my new glitter washi tape.
This one couldn't be more CAS if I tried!! I used the Heart die from CAS-ual Fridays on two pieces of cardstock with gold and silver glitter tape adhered to. I then inlayed them into the card, stamped a sentiment and voila, my die-cut birthday card!

I wish you could see this glitter washi in real life. Its so sparkly and so smooth. It doesn't come off the tape at all, its amazing! I'm definitely going to order some more from Lowri at Papervine, and this time I will include some of the other colours in my order. The sentiment is from Hero Arts 'Year Round Sentiments'. 

I also saw the latest post from the CASE Study Challenge #187 where this is their inspiration photo:
I thought with all that gorgeous gold glitter that I might be able to join this challenge as well!

Have one more card to post and then that's me for the night (although I do have one card to make tonight). Kids are getting excited about the Easter Bunny coming tonight, which means a very late night for me waiting for them to fall asleep, so I can hide their eggs. Maybe I will get more cards made tonight than I thought.......

Take care
Shona


2 comments:

  1. Sooo glittery and gorgeous, Shona ... and so beautifully CAS! Easter Blessings to you and yours! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layers of gold and silver!

    ReplyDelete