Sunday 12 January 2014

A little inspiration.....

Every morning I look forward to sitting down and reading all the blog posts from amazing crafters. They have such wonderful ideas and know SO MUCH!!! 

On Friday I received a blog post from Jennifer McGuire titled 'Video: Striped Die Cutting. It was amazing and showed her cutting up strips of cardstock, placing them on another piece of card and then die cutting.
This is what she comes up with and then she makes this one:
This is made with the left-over parts of her die cut. I thought this was absolutely amazing but with it being nearly midnight I decided to not try the strips of paper technique but to use some striped paper. This is what I came up with:
Yes, out came the 'hello' die again but I also used a rectangle die that fit just nicely around the word. Then with the left overs I made this card:
The paper I used was from an American Crafts 'My Girl' 6x6 pad. I was really pleased with how they both come out. I will never be as good as Jennifer but its so wonderful to learn from someone with so much experience, and how I can think outside the square for my designs.

Thank you Jennifer McGuire!!!!!

Shona
 

No comments:

Post a Comment